Stories of Resilience with Sara Schreiner
Today, tomorrow, and for an indefinite future
We face the challenges of the ever-changing landscape of education.
Our schools have seen hard times before
In each of these cases the school leader’s character, values, resilience, and mental strength have been put to the test.
In this final episode of my 6 part podcast series, The Stories of Resilience, where I share the stories of 6 school leaders who came together with their parents and teachers and made it out on the other side.
Sara Schreiner is the owner of sunshine Academy in Laurel Montana. She’s married to Greg and the two of them have two children; Sophia-Jo and Wyatt who is six. Sara cares deeply about her team and the families that she serves. Her unshakable optimism and her mindset to be in the pursuit of excellence are truly remarkable. Sara has 25 teachers, 120 families, and 135 children that she’s been entrusted to care for and serve.
Today’s episode begins with Sarah inviting us into her home on that fateful night in March when it all began.
In this final episode of Stories of Resilience, we talk about:
- How she was quickly able to process the emotions that the pandemic brought.
- How she arrived at the really hard decision of remaining open amidst the pandemic.
- How Sara knew that the pandemic was going to impact people in a very traumatic way, and what she did about that.
- Sara’s unique parenting philosophy and how she incorporated it into the curriculum at Sunshine Academy.
- How she intentionally separated feedback from opinions and attacks.
- How she intentionally has practices that elevate her thinking and what she does to keep it consistent.
- How Sara has created healthy boundaries and how they help her live a beautiful quality of life.
- Creating boundaries around phone usage as part of your resilience training.
- How Sarah is different now, from the person she was in January of 2020.
- How this season has been rough on both Sara’s personal and professional life.
- Some of her big dreams and what’s on the horizon for her and for her company.
…and so much more!
More about the show:
If you are an Early Childhood director or owner, prepare to transform your school and life with the Schools of Excellence podcast. Tune in each week to learn from Chanie Wilschanski, the founder and host of the Schools of Excellence Podcast and a mom of 4 little kids. Each episode will be packed with tools and strategies – equipping you to build schools with higher staff retention, teacher motivation, parent partnership, collaborative culture, and beautiful quality of life.
Every week, Chanie shares the truth about the journey to excellence, the strategies that are working TODAY, and the mindset about the critical decisions and choices that you make every day which impact yourself, your teachers, parents, family, and children who you serve every day.
In addition to weekly solo episodes, she’ll also be inviting industry leaders and the changing makers of the landscape of education to give listeners the insider knowledge of what it takes to sustain excellence.
Don’t miss an episode, subscribe today for everything you need for your leadership journey!