Predictions & Cautions – Wrapping Up the School Year and Planning for Fall
When leaders fail, their failure is highly attributed to their lack of preparation. As school owners, we tend to work really hard on executing our plans, but we also want to take time to look ahead, predict, understand cautions and traps that we might fall into if our plans are not actualized. We must be ready. We must be prepared. We must lead.
In today’s episode, I share predictions on how best to end the school year and cautions on what is going to happen in the fall. Your ability to slow down and make strategic decisions and choices about the next steps in your center is the difference between success and failure. The more you prepare yourself for the predictions I have shared, the more equipped your school is to navigate the chaos and all of the uncertainty that comes it’s way.
In this episode, I talk about:
- How to strategically plan for the coming school year and to end the current year with excellence
- How to manage the ambiguity, the loss, and the chaos that come with ending the year
- Embracing and building more resilience in yourself as a caution for what’s going to happen in the fall
- Practical strategies on how to have a high retention rate at the end of the school year
- and so much more!
As a school owner, successful leadership will be displayed by your ability to create and sustain enough momentum for your teachers regardless of the chaos brought about by unpredicted changes.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
–> Sign up for the Ideal Week for High Achieving Owners Workshop HERE.
This workshop is ideal for you if you are looking to:
- Know what the next stage of growth looks like for your school
- Learn how to build out a calendar that serves your lifestyle and stage of life that you’re in
- Identify the top priorities that you need to focus on to move your school in the right direction
- Learn what is working for other high achieving school owners in their stage of growth in the season that they’re in right now
- Stop doing diffuse energy in a bunch of different directions that aren’t moving your school forward
Sign up for the Ideal Week for High Achieving Owners Workshop HERE.
If you are ready to take your school to the next level of growth and are looking for support, community, and accountability to make that happen – then would love for you to apply for our Director’s Inner Circle or Owners HQ program.
Looking for a do-it-yourself option of learning?
Schools in Transition is a virtual series for directors and owners who want to focus on stability, security, and success.
- The world has been shaken by a pandemic. The effects are being felt in our lives every day.
- How do you lead your teachers during a season like this?
- How do you support children and parents?
- How do you make strategic decisions about your school in a season of unknowns?
For these answers and much more: You can check out our chanie.me/schoolsintransition
More about the show:
If you are an Early Childhood director or owner, prepare to transform your school and life with the Schools of Excellence podcast. Tune in each week to learn from Chanie Wilschanski, the founder and host of the Schools of Excellence Podcast and a mom of 4 little kids. Each episode will be packed with tools and strategies – equipping you to build schools with higher staff retention, teacher motivation, parent partnership, collaborative culture, and beautiful quality of life.
Every week, Chanie shares the truth about the journey to excellence, the strategies that are working TODAY, and the mindset about the critical decisions and choices that you make every day which impact yourself, your teachers, parents, family, and children who you serve every day.
In addition to weekly solo episodes, she’ll also be inviting industry leaders and the changing makers of the landscape of education to give listeners the insides knowledge of what it takes to sustain excellence.
Don’t miss an episode, subscribe today for everything you need for your leadership journey!