Ordinary Moments: Choosing Business and Family – You Can Have Both with Mandy Moore
Are you a childcare owner or director who is a parent raising kids? This conversation is for you.
In this episode, I speak to Mandy Moore, the owner of Steadfast Academy – a daycare center in Pasadena, Texas.
Mandy sheds light on choosing work-life integration, choosing both family and business.
We dig into a lot of the messiness and behind the scenes around leadership as a parent.
Mandy also highlights how she and her husband navigate financial conversations and decisions together.
As a business owner and as a mother of three young children, this conversation is rich with reflective questions, deep dive into what it really takes to consistently be in pursuit of excellence.
Tune in to learn more about:
- Mandy’s family experiences that drove her decision to start a childcare company.
- Some of the infant and toddler years, and what that looked like to Mandy as a business owner.
- How Mandy created a seamless transition from being the person who is responsible for every result to becoming the person that coaches for results.
- How money conversations with Mandy’s husband pan out.
- Some of the ordinary experiences for Mandy as a result of effective delegation.
- How to develop the practice of not being distracted when sharing quality time with family.
- Some of the grief associated with not seeing what’s going on and not being part of every decision.
- What the next phase of this work-life integration looks like for Mandy.
- Some things you can think about and journal on as a school owner.
… and so much more!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
Watch the video interview of this episode: https://schoolsofexcellence.com/ordinary-moments-5
The Summit of Excellence is a two-day in-person experience on March 1-2, 2022 in Boca, Florida. Learn how to master interpersonal dynamics, foster kindness, and establish your school as a beacon of light in your community.
Sign up for the Summit of Excellence: https://schoolsofexcellence.com/summit
Have questions about the Summit and whether it’s the right fit for you and your team? Send me a private message on Facebook and we can chat about the specifics.
More about the show:
If you are an Early Childhood director or owner, prepare to transform your school and life with the Schools of Excellence podcast. Tune in each week to learn from Chanie Wilschanski, the founder and host of the Schools of Excellence Podcast and a mom of 4 little kids. Each episode will be packed with tools and strategies – equipping you to build schools with higher staff retention, teacher motivation, parent partnership, collaborative culture, and beautiful quality of life.
Every week, Chanie shares the truth about the journey to excellence, the strategies that are working TODAY, and the mindset about the critical decisions and choices that you make every day which impact yourself, your teachers, parents, family, and children who you serve every day.
In addition to weekly solo episodes, she’ll also be inviting industry leaders and the changing makers of the landscape of education to give listeners the inside knowledge of what it takes to sustain excellence.
Don’t miss an episode, subscribe today for everything you need for your leadership journey!